WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU DO?
A s our clients we put your desires and needs at the centre of everything we do. Where possible we will meet with you well before your special day to discuss what you want from us and what we can do for you.
We will familiarise ourselves with your venue as well as liaising with your suppliers prior to and during your big day. Produce an event schedule with timings in conjunction with you to assist in sequencing events. Ensure all aspects are checked and in place before the arrival of any guests and familiarise guests with essential information.
We will coordinate the movement of guests and make announcements as discussed and as necessary.
We work discreetly and diplomatically behind the scenes to remove any stress, with your satisfaction and enjoyment as our main focus. We cater for all contingencies through the use of well-practiced good management techniques and carry with us a variety of useful equipment to deal with any situation that may arise.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TWO TOASTMASTERS?
- The manner in which we support you is unique and goes beyond what any other toastmaster working solo can provide.
- We can literally be in two places at the same time and have capacity to use discreet short wave radios to communicate.
- Operating as a pair also allows us to provide flexibility should a potential problem arise such as a forgotten item that needs retrieving, collecting a stranded relative, guest or supplier, making arrangements for collection and repair of any vehicles, any illness or any other potentially stressful situation that may threaten the smooth running of your day.
- We also provide an 'arch of steel/guard of honour' using replica Ceremonial British Infantry Officers swords.
- If you wish we will supply a bottle of Champagne (no charge) which we will ceremoniously Sabrage. Sabrage is the art and technique of separating the collar and top of the Champagne bottle from its neck, cork and collar remain together after separation leaving the bottle open and fit for drinking.
HOW LONG WILL YOU REMAIN AT THE WEDDING/EVENT?
- We will arrive well before the wedding/event is due to start, remaining to greet your evening guests, announce the first dance and announce and oversee the evening buffet if required. Unlike many Toastmasters we do not charge any extra for this service.
DO YOU ATTEND THE CEREMONY?
- At lease on of us will be in attendance at the wedding ceremony but maintain a discreet presence in case of emergency. We also liaise with the Civil Registrar and escort both Bride and Groom separately to the Registrar to sign any documents prior to the ceremony in order to keep the Brides appearance and dress a secret until the moment she is by the Grooms side.
- If the wedding is in a separate church or building we will provide the same low key presence and make sure all guests are present, attended to, and know the arrangements for returning to the Wedding Breakfast venue.
AREN'T TOASTMASTERS FOR MORE FORMAL WEDDINGS AND EVENTS?
- It is your event and whilst not compromising on ethics and a professional code of practice we cater our style to suit your day.
- We have attended weddings and events in local Church Halls, Town Halls, Social Clubs and Pubs, and have also provided our services at 5 Star Hotels, Country Clubs, Private Members Clubs, Military Mess's, Private Estates and Country Houses.
ARE YOU SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED?
- Both Mark and Roger were trained and qualified Toastmasters and Masters of Ceremony through the English Toastmasters Association and have experience of assisting in the planning of Weddings, Events and Charity Events.
- We are a Whitewed approved supplier - The South West's premier wedding specialist.
- Before partnering together as the Wiltshire Toastmasters they individually provided their services at Weddings, Charity Events and high level Formal Dinners and Events.
- Mark has been in the hospitality industry for many years in various guises; Head Concierge, Sommelier, Sabreur and Events Manager. He has worked in establishments throughout the South of the UK including Bowood House and has worked for the esteemed chef and hotelier Marco Pierre White.
- An ex-military professional with over 34 years meritorious service, Roger has officiated at Royal and Ministerial Cocktail Parties both in the UK and overseas, VIP events, the Royal Hospital Chelsea, Silver Service Dinners with Sports Personalities, Journalists, Foreign Ministers and Ambassadors, Charity Balls, Masonic Dinners and Festivals.
- Combining Mark and Roger's skill-sets equips them with a vast portfolio to tackle a whole range of scenarios.
WHAT GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS DO YOU COVER?
- Although based in Wiltshire we have provided our services in Northern Ireland, Essex, London, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire and many other locations in the UK.
- We have no boundaries regarding where we work and are happy to discuss your requirements Nationally or Internationally.
DOES HAVING TWO TOASTMASTERS COST TWICE AS MUCH?
- The short answer is No. Shop around and see what other Toastmasters will provide and for how much and then give us a call. You won't be disappointed! If you are a charity, you'll be surprised.